Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President of Member Services (VPMS) is responsible for the design and oversight of the Alliance’s technical assistance program and the management of member information & reporting. As a membership-based organization, one of the Alliance’s core initiatives is to create value for its members by providing opportunities for capacity building, knowledge sharing of best practices, and impact-driven executive training. The catalog of high-quality programming will be specifically designed to address the capacity deficiencies of Black-led CDFIs and the unique challenges they face in service delivery, resource procurement, capital deployment, and organizational management. The VMS will use their working knowledge of CDFI industry mechanics, product delivery tools & technology, and project design to bring innovative approaches to the Alliance’s programs and membership services. The VMS will be an ambassador for the organization who will also need to build a good rapport with Alliance members and strong relationships with external industry networks. This role is highly collaborative with other members of the management team and outside agencies/funders. This may be a highly visible role, both internally with Alliance staff, the board of directors and externally as a subject matter expert of the organization. This is a newly created position and department.
Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions
- Design and deliver key initiatives to continuously reinforce and strengthen the Alliance’s mission and value proposition(s) for its membership that translate to strong member engagement, overall satisfaction, and retention.
- Develop and implement a membership experience strategy, identifying new opportunities for members and affiliates collaborate, driving shared value
- Manage information flow to the membership, ensuring the dissemination of updates on key industry issues, relevant opportunities, and critical action items
- Test and evaluate membership engagement approaches through the Alliance’s programs, portal platform, committee activity, and technical assistance
- Collaborate closely with key internal peers (e.g., Programs & Initiatives, Finance, Marketing Policy & Research) to maintain a focus on member-centric outcomes
- Assist the President & CEO in the implementation of the Alliance’s Strategic Plan as it relates to membership retention/growth, engagement, and fee collections.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze member initiatives, engagement, and satisfaction to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the Membership Services department budget and directly oversee department staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Competencies & Abilities
- This position calls for a person of good judgment with broad vision, excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a proven track record of strategic thinking, influencing others, and responding to multiple priorities.
- Excellent management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with an innovative and motivational mentality.
- Current working knowledge of the CDFI industry, including key federal legislation and the priorities and pain points of practitioners in the space.
- Ability to operate with a high level of ethics and integrity and reflect a value system of mentorship, collaboration, and commitment to the Alliance’s mission.
- Ability to apply proven practices related to relationship management and program services.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational management, program design, or a related field
- At least ten years of operations/program management experience with demonstrated success leading membership services
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and outcome measurement.
- Experience with community relations and collaborations.
- Experience in management and supervision with highly developed organizational skills and ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Experience with the development and implementation of quality methodologies and innovative processes to grow membership units.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The team member profile does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
How to Apply:
Please provide a cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected]