The African American Alliance of CDFI CEOs (“The Alliance”) is looking for a passionate and creative Marketing & Communications Associate to shape and elevate the work of the Alliance at the local, state and national level. The Marketing & Communications Associate will be responsible for marketing, public relations and social media activities and will collaborate with the various departments to implement promotional activities, with a focus on shaping and protecting our image in ways that promote our business, values, and mission. This position is full-time and reports to the VP of Marketing & Communications.
The candidate for this position should be an excellent writer and have experience in implementing marketing campaigns, public relations, and managing social media accounts. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is energetic, organized, creative, and self-motivated to join our fast-paced marketing and communications department.
This position is fully remote.
Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions
- Help implement marketing campaigns for various programs and events and ensure uniformity of content/messaging.
- Help develop marketing collateral for programs that align with brand standards
- Develop and maintain social media calendar, social media posts, articles, and marketing collateral.
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, member success stories, website copy, and flyers and press releases
- Assist in coordination, development and management all organization’s social media channels using Hootsuite (Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube) and post valuable, shareable content regularly to ensure alignment with overall marketing campaign and organization’s mission.
- Monitor and report on social media outreach, including weekly and monthly reporting.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of press
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnership to grow brand notoriety
- Formulate PR plans and strategies
- Manage and maintain the Alliance’s media list
- Write press releases, pitches, and other PR copy
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis
Desired Competencies & Abilities
- Experience in execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Experience in working on Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.)
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- A creative yet practical mind
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines on time and strong attention to detail
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in racial equity and CDFI Industry a plus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- At least 2-4 years of experience in marketing or communications
- Proven experience as marketing and communications associate or similar position
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The team member profile does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or 2-3 writing samples to Janice Dsouza at [email protected] by January 23, 2022.