Location: Fully remote, moderate travel required including to corporate headquarters in Boston.
Reports to: President & CEO and is a key part of the executive leadership team of HPN that sets direction, strategy, and organizational culture for HPN and its affiliated companies.
The Executive Vice President for Capital Markets (EVP) is responsible for the Network’s overall capital markets activities. The EVP has responsibility for raising capital for HPN and its social enterprises, including grant, debt, and equity capital and for HPN’s CDFI, the Housing Partnership Fund, which provides financing to our members for their rental and single-family affordable housing developments.
The team reporting to the EVP consists of a VP for Innovation and Capital Solutions, a VP for Philanthropy, a VP of Investment and President of the CDFI and their respective staff. Future direct reports may include VPs and Managing Directors of to be formed Innovation Venture Fund and Housing Sustainability Fund. These two off-balance sheet funds will accelerate HPN’s capacity to invest in new and existing social enterprises and take advantage of the massive federal investment under the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund, respectively. HPN is a co-applicant for significant funding as part of the Justice Climate Fund’s application to the EPA (https://justiceclimatefund.org/) which is critical for the capitalization of the Housing Sustainability Fund.
While the EVP is actively involved in all capital raising efforts, the VP for Innovations and Capital Solutions raises equity and debt capital for HPN affiliated social enterprises, and the VP for Philanthropy leads our work to raise philanthropic capital for HPN and our affiliated companies. The EVP plays a lead role in exploring and designing innovative approaches and platforms for raising impact investment capital to scale the impact of our members and enterprises.
Leadership of Strategic Growth
- Participate as a key member of HPN’s executive team to devise strategy, set and drive culture, and provide management oversight to HPN and its affiliated companies.
- Deep knowledge and experience at a senior executive level in the field of community development; demonstrated commitment to tackling challenges of access to and attainment of affordable housing for all is preferred.
- Knowledge and relationships with the national impact investor marketplace strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and background in managing complex business lines and initiatives that involve a double bottom line of financial performance and mission impact.
- Successful experience working with major foundations to raise philanthropic capital including both grants and program related investments, to support large scale, impactful initiatives.
- Experience leading and facilitating peer exchange and business collaboration among leaders of sophisticated nonprofit organizations, government agencies and private sector institutions.
- Expert-level written and oral communication skills and ability to publicly represent HPN at high profile events and meetings with major public, private and nonprofit partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop and empower senior professional staff in a remote
- workplace environment.
Leadership Style & Personal Characteristics:
- Highly mission-driven and self-directed professional.
- Executive presence: visionary leader who actively seeks out innovative approaches to
- Entrepreneurial style, with enthusiasm for systems change work in a high-growth, fastpaced environment.
- Strategic thinker and innovator
- Brings a social impact and investment lens to capital raising and fund and programmatic
- Demonstrated experience working on teams where success depends on a high degree of
collaboration in goal setting, decision-making and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cross functionally across all levels of the organization.
- Consensus builder who can cross reference and cross train.
- Relationship builder and comfortable in an externally facing role.
Commitment to Diversity and Equity:
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable workplace environment that respects the
dignity and worth of each individual and is free from all forms of employment discrimination.
We provide equal opportunities for all qualified candidates and employees. HPN recruits,
employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our
work will be.
- Graduate ‘s degree or equivalent years of education and experience.
- HPN offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- Salary range is $300k-$350k.
To learn more about the position, visit: https://housingpartnership.net/about/careers.
If you or someone in your network is interested in exploring this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Janet Albert: Partner, Bridge Partners / [email protected]
Tory Clarke: Partner, Bridge Partners / [email protected]