Reporting to the President & CEO and assisting the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO), the Executive Assistant (EA) plays a critical role in the administration of organization functions and management of the executive leadership. The EA will understand the importance of developing coordination strategies, maintaining accurate records, delivering high standards of organization, and executing against established benchmarks and deliverables. This will be a highly visible role, both internally with Alliance staff, the board of directors and externally with stakeholders in support of the President & CEO and EVP/COO. This role would suit an individual of outstanding ability with five to ten years’ experience providing executive-level administrative support.
- Reports to President & CEO
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Type of Supervision Received: Moderate
- Internal Relationships: Close coordination specifically with other department heads to maximize efficiency of scheduling and tasks. Will often engage with the Board of Directors.
- External Relationships: On an as needed basis as directed by President & CEO and EVP/COO.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a wide range of administrative and office support for the President & CEO and EVP/COO to facilitate efficient operation of the organization, such as: o Executive summaries and presentations
- Calendar maintenance and coordination of meetings
- Drafting agendas and minutes
- Liaison with Board of Directors to include composing and sending meeting agenda and board meeting materials from management staff, scheduling meetings, and taking board minutes
- Draft regular reports and work progress updates to President & CEO and EVP/COO
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO and EVP/COO
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
The Alliance is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for serving people in distressed communities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Suite. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker with excellent judgement and a high desire to learn and grow
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to meet designated deadlines
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently while remaining flexible to changing assignments.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality; able to handle sensitive material concerning the Alliance and its constituents.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Strong, active listening skills.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least 5 years of executive-level administrative support, ideally including some experience with a community development financial institution.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and engagement.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Charmaine Grafton at [email protected].
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The team member profile does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change